If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use the Service.
Information That You Provide
You may provide the following types of information to us in connection with your use of the Service:
• Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information and information from your phone or device such as your contacts, messages and text message and call history;
• Credit card information;
• Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Service, such as comments, messages, and information that you publicly display or are displayed in your account profile; and
• Information that you provide when interacting with our customer support team or responding to a survey or a promotion.
Cookies and Information That We Collect
Cookies. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies the browser you employ. We use both persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. You can remove persistent cookies by following the help file directions of your browser. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log Information That We Collect. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Clear GIFs Information That We Collect. We may employ a software technology called clear gifs (aka web beacons), that help us better manage our services and or content by tracking the online usage patterns of our users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Device / Phone Information That We Collect. The Application periodically sends infromation to our servers that contains the unique device identifier, information about calls and text messages while using the Service such as the caller or sender’s phone number and date and time the call or text message was received, non-contact phone numbers of incoming calls and text messages and usage statistics.
Support requests submitted through the Service may contain personal or private information including but not limited to contacts, messages or recent call logs to help us with supporting and troubleshooting issues or problems. You consent to the transmission of this information through your use of the service.
Online Backup with Web Server. As a service to you, the Service automatically transmits backups of information (name, phone number) of entries stored within your device such as your Blocked List, Allowed List and Settings. This information is periodically sychronized with our web servers and can be restored by accessing your account.
How We Use Your Information
We do not spam! To be more specific, we do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you any commercial messages without your consent.
We primarily use the information that you provide and that we collect to provide you with the Service, personalize your use of the Service (for example, to understand and save your preferences for future visits and compile aggregate data about traffic and interaction so that we can offer better experiences and tools in the future) and to maintain and improve the Service. We may also use your information to:
• Track and analyze user preferences and behavior;
• Display relevant advertising;
• Send you commercial communications that you have consented to receive, also known as “opt-in.” For these commercial communications, you will have the ability to “opt-out” at any time by clicking on the opt-out link that is in the footer of each email communication we send or by sending a request to disable your account to email@example.com;
• Communicate with you for administrative (for example, customer service) or legal purposes. Please note that you cannot “opt-out” of receiving required administrative or legal notices;
• Monitor (a) the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, (b) metrics such as pages viewed, number of visitors, etc. and (c) your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, and contests;
• Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms;
• Conduct market research aimed at improving the products and service our affiliated product manufacturers and/or service firms provide to you; and
• Log your mobile phone unique device identifier, phone carrier, and the date and time that the information was processed if you use your mobile phone to send information to or receive information from the Service.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share your personally identifiable information or any personal information contained within your device or phone that you send to us (such as name, phone number or email address) with other companies for their commercial use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out; however, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregated form may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses without restriction.
We do not store or retain any credit card information. Any credit card information that you provide is securely transmitted to our credit card processor Elavon and we have no access to your full credit card number at any time. Your name and address are stored within their servers to aide in customer support and/or fraud management at a later time. We do not store or share your name, address or credit card information related to a purchase.
In addition, we may share information about you:
• With our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or third parties or persons to process such information on our behalf and provide, maintain, and improve the Service;
• With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with the Service;
• To trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you;
• With third parties in anonymous form only. User IDs are replaced with individual identifying codes, and we are the only entity with access to the associated user information;
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce our Terms or policies; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues (including, without limitation, the filtering of spam); to protect the security or integrity of the Service and to protect us, our users or others from harm or illegal activities;
• In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used; and
• With your consent.
All third parties that receive your information are bound by contractual obligations to keep personally identifiable information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience segment and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the characteristics of the audience they are attempting to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Service, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
We have agreements or are in the process of establishing agreements with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
Google – http://www.google.com/adsense
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. Therefore, while we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We expect you to not share your password with anyone.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can close your account or review and change your personal information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page, through the mobile application or by sending us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accommodate any request to change information unless such request would violate any law or legal requirement or regulation or cause the information to be incorrect. If you terminate your account, we may continue to show some of your content in anonymized form. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, verify transactions collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our rights and take other actions permitted by law.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Service is intended for people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as provided below.
Call Control LLC
The existence of a complaint, comment or posting is not indicative of any wrong doing by the company, individual, or companies at issue. While users may indicate wrong doing on the part of an individual or company, MNB company makes no presumptions of wrong doing.